The power of POIs
In the previous parts of the AutoMapa Navigation Academy, we discussed the basics of using a GPS navigation system. We learned how to correctly install the navigation device in the car and how to easily plan the route. Today, we will talk about one of the greatest strengths of navigation systems - Points of Interest, abbreviated as POIs.
Looking for a cinema, theatre, restaurant or an ATM? Do you need information on traffic radars, dangerous traffic spots or other useful data? You will find everything you need with Points of Interest. POIs are one of the greatest advantages of GPS navigation systems. AutoMapa is the unquestioned market leader with more than 734,000 precisely catalogued POIs in its database.
In the last lesson, you have learned how to find the searched address. AutoMapa will also guide you to a specific POI. Click on the "Menu" icon, select "Go to" option and "POI". The system will automatically display an extensive POI database split into various categories. Just choose what you are looking for, and AutoMapa will highlight the selected locations as you drive.
The Miplo.pl website greatly contributes to AutoMapa's reliability. It is the largest online database of useful locations and POIs, and the first community website created by and for AutoMapa users. The website, provide all users with access to POIs updated on a daily basis.
If you want to plan a family outing or venture to a fascinating location, such as the "upside down house", the world is your oyster with GPS navigation. At Miplo.pl, you will find a catalogue of historical monuments and other equally interesting but perhaps less popular attractions. The database features other standard sites such as restaurants, hotels and petrol stations. Everyone will find something of interest, and if not - you can take initiative and propose as well as develop a new category. You can also add your own business, no matter how small, to the list.
POIs are the future of navigation systems. They assist the driver in finding a specific point without knowing its exact location. The POI database in AutoMapa is a very helpful tool for inexperienced drivers who are learning the whereabouts of their town from behind the wheel.
1. Click on MENU on the navigation screen, and select the POI icon. You will find all the required settings there.
2. In AutoMapa settings, tick the POIs you want to be displayed on the screen of your navigation device and those for which you want to hear a sound warning every time you approach them.
3. AutoMapa's extensive POI database features information that contributes to traffic safety, such as road works, dangerous traffic spots, traffic radars and speed limits.
4. AutoMapa features more than 734,000 POIs in several hundred categories, each containing a description with additional information and contact data.
5. AutoMapa plays a sound every time the driver approaches a previously selected POI.
6. To access the database of daily updated POIs, visit http://www.miplo.pl/, register, get your unique miplo code. The latest updates contain a total of more than 656,000 POIs.